160,000 volunteers like you, enabling more than 450,000 young people each year to build #SkillsForLife
There are lots of ways you can get more involved with Scouts as a parent, carer or family member. From helping out occasionally on a family rota or playing a vital role behind the scenes, to stepping up as a leader, our volunteering activities are as varied as you.
We’re talking tidy uppers and tea makers, session planners and Zoom navigators, fundraisers and treasurers, and all round team players to support our young people.
The good news is you shape what you do and the time you have to give. Scouts happens when a lot of us give a little (and no, you don’t have to be a Scout or outdoors expert to volunteer).
What to expect:
- A warm welcome
- Flexibility to get involved in a way that works for you
- Easy access to training and resources online
- Friendly ongoing support from local volunteers
No two weeks are the same, but the impact you make is always great.
Make a difference, volunteer today
All our activities are run by volunteers, who might join us because they want to:
- Try something new
- Make friends
- Spend time with their children – or gain experience with young people
- Do something good for their community and themselves
- Keep their bodies and brains active and happy – whether that’s by scaling mountains, sharing skills or serving tea
All end up making a huge difference to young people’s lives – gifting them with skills for life, and learning a whole lot about themselves along the way.
They won’t remember you unlocked the meeting place every Thursday.
They remember this.
Simply fill out our form and your local group will be in touch soon.
Meet some volunteers
Hear more from The Scouts volunteers about what being involved means to them.
Scouts Member Benefits
As a volunteer, unlock a range of discounts and more. Look out for the teal ‘Member offers’ banners across our Supporters page.